keyboardist.co.uk takes Data Protection and Data Privacy very seriously. Please continue reading for full details of what data is gathered and how it is stored and used.
We will never sell or share your personal details.
Cookies are small, encrypted text files intended to improve your experience of a website by remembering information such as your login details, your recently viewed pages, your preferences, etc. By default WordPress has cookies for the purpose of logging in to the site and for leaving comments on our posts. However, to minimise the data that we are collecting, we have disabled the login feature on our site. You can also choose to reject and delete cookies in your browser so that you have control over what information is shared when you visit websites. Please note that rejection of cookies may cause some parts of the site to not perform correctly. You can find out more about cookies at the third party website aboutcookies.org
We use Google Analytics on our website which means that we gather certain information such as IP Address, Gender, City, etc. (for a full list of information gathered please see Google Analytics own terms). We use this information solely for the purpose of seeing where our visitors are based so that it can assist us with the planning of future releases, events and tours.
We are an affiliate site and cover our running costs via purchases made through third party retail sites. Purchasing won’t cost you anything extra, we just get a little commission from the sale.
- affiliate links are clearly marked on the buy button which will state “view at (the retailers name)”
- we only use reputable third party companies that we trust and use ourselves
- we are not responsible for the privacy policies and practises of these third party companies
Should you choose, you can join a mailing list via a form on our website. We use Mailchimp for managing the list which is intended for those interested in knowing more about product releases and events. You will never be added to this list without signing up for it yourself and you will also be required to verify your inclusion on this list after signing up (called double opt-in). Every email sent has an unsubscribe button that when clicked will delete your details from our Mailchimp account. Mailchimp have assured us that they do not store any details when using their free service, however we are not responsible for the privacy policies and practises of Mailchimp so if you have any concerns, you can check out their own policies before joining our mailing list.
We give you an option to contact us via this site for customer support issues. Emails come directly to the office computer inbox in order for us to deal with your query and will be deleted after one month. In accordance with GDPR rules a confirmation checkbox is added to the form in order for you to verify that you are happy for us to respond to your concern.
All social media sites have their own privacy policies and we cannot be held responsible for how they handle data. While we will interact with you on social media, we will never take your details from social media in order to use them for marketing or any other purposes.
At present all data is stored on one office computer and is viewed by one person only. The computer is protected by Bitdefender. Our website uses the following plugins which all comply with GDPR policies:
- GDPR plugin – more details (external link)
- WP Security Audit Log – more details (external link)
- Wordfence Security – more details (external link)
- DIVI theme and updater plugin – more details (external link)
- Cookie Notice- more details (external link)
- AddToAny Share Buttons- more details (external link)
- All In One SEO Pack- more details (external link)*
- Featured Image From URL – more details (external link)
- Recent Posts Widget With Thumbnails – more details (external link)
- Related Posts – more details (external link)
- The Events Calendar – more details (external link)
- WooCommerce – more details (external link)
- Datafeedr – more details (external link)
- WooCommerce External Product New Tab – more details (external link)
In the instance that we encounter a security breach on our computer or website, we will put out statement via the website and / or Twitter within 24 hours of the breach occurring.